From Boston and points north and east:
- 93 South to 24 South to 140 South
- Take Exit 2E onto I-195 East
- Take Exit 15 (Downtown New Bedford) onto Rt. 18
- At second light, turn right on to Union Street
- At the second set of lights, turn right onto Purchase Street
From Providence and points west:
- Take 195 East to Exit 15 onto Rt. 18
- Follow directions above
Metered parking can be found along the streets. Additional parking can be found at the following public parking locations:
- A parking garage can be found adjacent to the Zeiterion Theatre at 684 Purchase Street. From Rt. 18 coming from Exit 15, go through two sets of traffic lights. Take the next exit (it comes up very quickly and isn’t marked very well) – School Street. At the third stop sign, at Purchase Street, take a right. At the next intersection (Purchase and Spring Streets) take a right. At the end of the street, take a right onto Acushnet Avenue. The parking garage entrance is on your right.
- A parking garage can also be found at Elm Street. From Rt. 18 coming from Exit 15, take a right at the first light; the garage will be on the right. From the Center, turn right onto William Street, then a left on 2nd street. The garage will be two blocks ahead.
- There is a small outdoor lot at Second and Acushnet Ave. This lot offers free parking on the weekend. From Rt. 18 coming from Exit 15, take a right at the first light. Take a left at Acushnet Ave. The parking lot will be on your left 3 blocks up. From the Center, turn right on William Street, then a right on Acushnet Ave. The lot will be on your left.