It is part of the Chamber’s responsibility to inform business leaders, decision makers and residents of relevant issues and developments that will effect both the business community and general public throughout the area. Off Shore Wind is an innovative new source of energy that is quickly coming to the SouthCoast and will have an economic impact on the operations of local businesses and community as a whole.
The February edition of Good Morning SouthCoast! will feature an experienced panel of experts and professionals who will discuss Off Shore Wind, answer questions, and share vital information from all perspectives on this new form of renewable energy. The discussion will feature a panel including:
• Paul Vigeant, managing director of the New Bedford Wind Energy Center;
• Derek Santos, executive director of the New Bedford Economic Development Council;
• Ed Anthes-Washburn, director of the Port of New Bedford;
• Matthew Morrissey, Massachusetts vice president for Deepwater Wind, one of three developers looking to build wind farms south of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket.
• Michael J. Ausere, V.P., Business Development, Eversource
Join us on February 9th 2017 at the Waypoint Event Center from 7:30 am to 9:00 am to learn more about the development of Off Shore Wind locally and how it will influence the future of the SouthCoast economically and socially. Registration for the event is now available online here or for more information contact Deven Tillman, Programs and Events Manage at (508) 999 5231 ext 26.