Ambassadors for the New Bedford Chamber of Commerce are a volunteer group who respond to the needs of all members and reinforce the benefits of Chamber membership. The Ambassadors are a critical link between the Chamber and its new and existing members.
The mission of the Ambassador’s Council of the New Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce is to further the mission of the Chamber through one-on-one communications with members and new businesses in the community.
- Heighten member awareness and understanding of Chamber programs, services and objectives
- Serve as the “goodwill” arm of the New Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce
- Increase and strengthen the Chamber membership base through strong retention and recruitment efforts
Benefits to Ambassadors
- Visibility at Chamber functions and in some Chamber communications
- Develop leadership image by enhancing relevant professional programs and networking opportunities
- Networking with a variety of business professionals
- Firsthand updates from the President & Professional Staff of the Chamber and direct contact with decision-makers
- Ability to bring a guest to some programs at no cost
- Ability to recruit members immediately by being equipped with up-to-date membership materials
Ambassadors will be appointed as needed with the consultation of the Ambassadors Chairperson and Chamber staff. Appointments to the council are for one year. Reappointment will be made at the end of the year.
If the council’s expectations are not met, a review of the Ambassador’s further participation will take place.
Ambassador Council meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of every month from 11:45 – 1:15 p.m. at a member restaurant.